KERI PICKETT Producer & Director:
- First Daughter and the Black Snake, 94 Minutes. Documentary Feature, Premiere 2017 Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, Best MN Made Documentary Feature Award.
- Native American activist and former Green Party VP with Ralph Nader, Winona LaDuke, focuses on Enbridge’s fracked oil, it’s dangers and how the shale oil boom is adversely affecting Indian Country. LaDuke had a dream about how to fight Enbridge’s proposed pipeline expansion which threatens sacred wild rice beds: a sacred horse ride against the current of oil. Creating a “Love Water Not Oil” tour, she gathers musicians, young people and native leadership, puts them on a horse, mixes into lakes communities and creates a movement. Following Winona’s path reveals the life of an activist. While focusing on her goal to stop Enbridge, this Native grandmother’s mixes Midwestern work ethic with indigenous wisdom to create a blend of spiritual, political and humorous actions created to chase away the black snake. Distributed by Virgil Films & Entertainment.
- STEEL // SPIRIT, Short, 10 Minutes, Premiere 2015 at the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival and winner of an award of excellence from the 2016 Indian Cine Festival.A short film exploring the interaction of dance and sculpture. Yves Musard, dancer and movement artist, performs with sculptor Richard Serra’s “Inside Out”, 2013 at the Gagosian Gallery in New York City, New York. Serra’s massive weathered steel sculpture fills the entire luminous space at New York’s Gagosian’s 21st Street Gallery. Yves Musard’s site specific choreography explores Serra’s environment. Musard moves with focus and curiosity around the ribbons of steel exploring the sculpture both literally and metaphorically with the purpose of making the viewer more aware of the sculpture’s dynamic within the gallery space. Combining motion and stills, filmmaker Keri Pickett creates a short film about time and perspective. Tamara Douglas-Morris writes a reflective score to accompany Musard’s simple chants.
- The Fabulous Ice Age, Documentary Feature, 72 Minutes, Netflix Original, Premiere 2013, Winner of Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival Audience Award, Winner Women’s Indie Film Fest Award for Best Documentary and Best Director for Keri Pickett, Winner Gwinnett International Film Festival Award Best Non-Fiction Feature and Best Non-Fiction Director for Keri Pickett. Distributed by Virgil Films & Entertainment. Additional roles include DP, Audio and Editor.“The Fabulous Ice Age” chronicles the era of the great American touring ice shows revealing how they dominated family entertainment for decades, changing the lives of skaters and audiences alike, eventually exporting American culture around the world along with one skaters’ quest to keep this history from being forgotten.Film Festival Juror
Frozen River Film Festival, Winona, MN, 2015
Scruffy City Film & Music Festival, Knoxville, TN, 2015
- 2014 Art & Healing, Mayo Clinic, Mayo Hospital and Clinic
- 2010 The Mercy Project / Inochi. Edited by James Whitlow Delano. Mado-Sha Publisher
- 2005 A Day in the Life of the American Woman: How We See Ourselves, by Sharon J. Wohlmuth (Creator), Carol Saline, Dawn Sheggeby, Bullfinch Press
- 2005 Native Universe, Collection of the New Museum of the American Indian, Smithsonian
Proud Nations, Self-Governance Tribes (cover) and inside
- 2004 Aperture at 50, Aperture Books
- 2002 Schattenlicht – The Best of Black and White Photography in GEO, German Geo, June 2002
- 2000 Minnesota In Our Time, A Photographic Portrait, Minnesota Historical Society Press, 12 Photographers Document Minnesota
- 2000 At Grandmother’s Table, Women write about Food, Life, the enduring bond between Grandmothers and Granddaughters, Fairview Press
- 1998 Our Grandmother’s, Loving Portraits by 74 Granddaughters,edited by Linda Sunshine, Welcome Enterprises Inc.
- 1998 Hugs and Kisses, Abbeville Press
- 2004 Saving Body & Soul; The Mission of Mary Jo Copeland, WaterBrook/Random House, Photographs by Keri Pickett, Essays & Interviews by Margaret Nelson
- 1995 The Mission, Inside the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Warner BooksAuthor & Photographer:
- 2000 FAERIES, Visions, Voices & Pretty Dresses, Aperture Books
- 1995 Love in the 90s, B.B. and Jo, The Story of a Lifelong Love, A Granddaughter’s Portrait, Warner Books, 150,000 first printing.